The Area II Inside Electrical apprenticeship program is a 4-year program designed to give students the experience and training necessary to earn the status of “general journeyman electrician.” It is a combination of classroom instruction at Chemeketa Community College and on-the-job training with approved employers.
Through this program, our apprentices receive:
- Paid employment during training.
- The opportunity to learn skills sought by employers throughout an industry.
- Credit towards an associate’s degree at community colleges.
- A secure career and the ability to adapt to new job requirements.
- The background necessary to become a leader in the electrical industry.
It is our mission to offer the best possible training so that our students may have worthwhile, creative, and rewarding careers. We believe that apprenticeship changes lives, and encourage people of all races and genders to apply. Applications are available at our office or on our website at www.iecoregon.org. Completed applications must be returned to our office on one of our opening dates, which are listed on the attached announcement and run from May to November 2018.